- This event has passed.
Virtual six session FAMILY EMPOWERMENT SERIES on how to become an effective advocate for your child’s success in school.
September 23 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pmFree
Starbridge invites you to attend their virtual six session FAMILY EMPOWERMENT SERIES on how to become an effective advocate for your child’s success in school.
Students who have disabilities or suspected disabilities may be eligible for additional supports and services through their school. For families, the acronyms and processes can seem overwhelming to start. Join Starbridge for this series to learn useful information and effective strategies to help you and your child navigate special education options.
DATES AND TOPICS
Thursday, September 23rd, 6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- What to expect in this series
- Developing a vision to prepare for IEP and CSE meetings
- Effective communication and Advocacy steps
Thursday, September 30th, 6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- RTI, 504, IEP: What’s the difference?
Thursday, October 7th, 6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Building your circle of support
- Understanding systems: OPWDD, OMH, and more
- IEP essentials
Thursday, October 14th, 6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Understanding challenging behaviors
- Taking care of yourself
Thursday, October 21st, 6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Discipline and suspension
- Transition from high school to adult life
Thursday, October 28th, 6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- TIES: Including everyone in the fun
- Wrap up and graduate from FES!
This series is FREE to family members of children and youth who have disabilities or suspected disabilities.
Registration is required. Link to Zoom meetings provided to participants after registration.
To register, please contact Laura Arrington at 585-224-7332 or email LArrington@starbridgeinc.org