Supporting Students with Co-Occurring Mental Health and ASD – a virtual workshop
April 22 @ 8:30 am - 12:45 pm$
The Autism Society Western New York and Autism Services, Inc. will host Dr. Cathy Pratt, BCBA-D as she presents “Supporting Students with Co-Occurring Mental Health and ASD”, a virtual workshop, on Saturday, April 22, 2023 from 8:30 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
Individuals on the autism spectrum are at an increased risk of co-occurring mental health conditions and even suicide. Both parents and teachers can play a role in supporting these children and adolescents. This presentation will focus on the following:
- Potential mental health conditions and the warning signs of suicide,
- Supports needed in classroom and home situations,
- The impact of mental health conditions on behavior and how to assess,
- Behavioral, educational, and other strategies that are the most beneficial,
- The role and impact of trauma,
- Classroom factors that can minimize trauma and maximize education,
- Strategies for supporting emotional regulation for both parent/child and staff/students, and
- Potential community supports.
This workshop is geared towards individuals with ASD, parents and professionals. At the conclusion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify classroom factors that can minimize trauma in students and maximize education.
- List and describe a range of educational strategies.
- List the signs for suicide and potential suicide ideation.
- Discuss the role of emotional regulation for both staff and students.
PRICING AND CEUs
Parent/Individual with ASD $10.00 per person CEUs n/a
Speech-Language Pathologists & Audiologists $30.00 per person
.35 ASHA CEUs *ASHA CEUs are only awarded to ASHA members who are eligible and have paid the CE registry fee.
OTs and COTAs $30.00 per person
3.0 NYS Continuing Competency Hours for OTs/OTAs * Please note that these hours may be used towards completing AOTA continuing competency requirements, but are not offered through an AOTA approved provider.
PTs and PTAs $30.00 per person
.3 NYS Approved PT Board Continuing Education Hours Other
Professionals/ Paraprofessionals/Students $20.00 per person
No CEUs awarded.
BCBAs $30.00 per person.
3.5 Type ll BCBA Credits
Please note that all webinar materials (i.e. registration links, handouts, continuing education credit forms/survey links, etc.) will be e-mailed to attendees approximately 1-2 days prior to the workshop. If you have a PayPal account, the e-mail associated with that account will be used for all correspondence including Zoom links and all webinar materials. This is a live event and will be broadcast in Eastern Standard Time.
Individuals with ASD and Parent/Caregiver Scholarships based on financial need are available. Call 716-633-2275 to apply.
Please note that as this is a virtual event there will be no mail-in registration. The deadline to register is April 19, 2023. No refunds after April 12, 2023.