- This event has passed.
Care Coordination: The Basics of Eligibility and Referral Process as it Pertains to Individuals on the Autism Spectrum – Free webinar
June 6 @ 8:00 am - 8:30 amFree
FREE INFORMATION SHARING WEBINAR
Tuesday, June 06, 2023 from 8:00am-8:30am
Care Coordination: The Basics of Eligibility and Referral Process as it Pertains to Individuals on the Autism Spectrum
About the Webinar: This webinar will consist of a presentation by Jessica Fisher and Rachel Epstein. They will discuss Augmentative and Alternative Communication systems which can be a primary source and/or a support to an individual’s communication. Participants will be provided with a brief introduction and examples of AAC systems available currently. This presentation has a target audience of any professional who interacts with individuals who need augmentative or alternative methods to communicate.
• The participants will understand the value of AAC
• The participates will learn about the types of AAC that are currently available
• The participants will understand the basic process of funding and obtaining an AAC device
Presented by Jessica Fisher, M.S. CCC-SLP and Rachel Epstein, MS. Ed. CCC-SLP The Summit Center
• Jessica Fisher is a licensed speech-language pathologist. She has worked with individuals on the autism spectrum for 18 years and has been a supervisor of AAC for the past 7 years. She uses her vast knowledge of AAC systems to assist students, families, and therapists to learn and navigate the process of obtaining communication systems.
• Rachel Epstein has worked with individuals with disabilities for over 9 years. She is a licensed speech-language pathologist with extensive training in the Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) and other Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) systems. She uses this knowledge to teach individuals how to functionally communicate their needs, wants, and emotions.
This webinar is made possible by a grant from NYSRCASD. Requests for accommodations/special needs may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 716-629-3417.