- This event has passed.
Using Nutrition to Improve Language, Learning & Mood in ASD: What every parent & therapist should know. Saturday Morning October 5, 2019 . Speaker: Kelly Dorfman, Licensed Clinical Nutritionist
October 5, 2019 @ 8:45 am - 12:45 pm
Kelly Dorman, M.S., LND is a licensed clinical nutritionist with a masters degree in nutrition/biology and over 30 years experience. She specializes in targeted nutrition therapy to address complex medical problems in children . As a professional member of the Autism Think Tank New Jersey, she collaborates with a panel of physicians to help families address issues unique in AUTISM in individuals of ALL AGES that have baffled their regular providers. She lectures internationally and has been featured on numerous television programs and in periodicals.
Cost: $14 each for individual with ASD, parent or family member
$39 each for Speech-Language Pathologist, Audiologist, OT, COTA, PT, PTA with CEU
$29 each Other Professional (No CEU)
CLICK ON WEBSITE link below for copy of BROCHURE and ON LINE registration details . Mail in registration also available.
Practical workshop will explore:
- Why those on the spectrum are picky eaters and what to do about it
- How to close the gap between what someone can or will eat, and nutrients needed tfor optimal development and mood
- How special diets work and how to know if they are right for your child/family
- Unique challenges of our modern day food supply
- Therapeutic nutrients that promote speech and motor planning skills
- Specific nutrients that support the motor planning of learning and executive function
- How diet affects mood and nutritional strategies to stabilize affect and behavior
- How nutritional intervention can address constipation, low muscle tone and tiredness
- Why nutrition intervention at any age can improve function and quality of life.
CONFERENCE by Autism Society Western New York and Autism Services
Co-sponsored by the Speech Language Hearing Association of WNY and
Associated Physical and Occupational Therapists PLLC
Scholarships based on financial need tor Individuals with ASD and parents.