- This event has passed.
2020 Family Empowerment Series – 6 Session Virtual Series Tuesdays September 22-October 27 from 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
September 22 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pmFree
2020 Family Empowerment Series – 6 Session Virtual Series
Tuesdays September 22 – October 27 from 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Become an effective advocate for your child’s success in school
Students who have disabilities or suspected disabilities may be eligible for additional supports and services through their school. For families, the acronyms and processes can seem overwhelming to start. Join us for this series to learn useful information and effective strategies to help you and your child navigate special education options.
Registration for the Six Session Virtual Series
Registration is required. Link to Zoom meetings provided to participants after registration.
To register, please contact Laura Arrington at 585-224-7332 or email LArrington@starbridgeinc.org
Dates and topics
Tuesday, Sept 22nd
- What to expect in this series
- Developing a vision to prepare for IEP and CSE meetings
Tuesday, Sept 29th
- RTI, 504, IEP: What’s the difference?
- Effective communication and advocacy steps
Tuesday, Oct 6th
- IEP Essentials
- Understanding challenging behaviors
Tuesday, Oct 13th
- Functional Behavioral Assessments and Behavior Improvement Plans
- Taking care of yourself
Tuesday, Oct 20th
- Discipline and suspension
- Transition from high school to adult life
Tuesday, Oct 27th
- Pathways to graduation
- Wrap up and graduate from FES!
This series is FREE to family members of children and youth who have disabilities or suspected disabilities.